This Privacy Statement explains our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, by Battle Plan, LLC and/or its service, Benevolence Tracker.
Contacting UsFor any questions concerning your account, please visit us at www.battleplan.org, where you will also find information on how to contact our Customer Service for assistance. For questions specifically concerning this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies or similar technologies, please contact us by email at email@example.com. Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of InformationWe receive and store information about you such as:
Information you provide us: We collect information you provide to
us which includes:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- information collected when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, account settings, set preferences in Your Account or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
Information we collect automatically: We collect information
regarding you and your use of our service, your interactions with us,
as well as information regarding your computer or other device used
to access our service (such as smart TVs, mobile devices, and set
top boxes). This information includes:
- your activity on the Benevolence Tracker service, such as search queries;
- details regarding your interactions with customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us
- device IDs or unique identifiers, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address and standard web log information;
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use the information we collect for:
- determining your general geographic location, providing localized content, determining your Internet service provider, and helping us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests
- preventing, detecting and investigating potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- analyzing and understanding our members; improving our service (including our user interface experiences), delivery optimization, and recommendation algorithms;
- communicating with you concerning our service (for example by email), so that we can send you news about Battle Plan, LLC and/or Benevolence Tracker service, details about new features, and special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes, as described below:
- The Battle Plan, LLC family of services: We share your information among the Battle Plan, LLC family of services as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to our services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements, content development; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- Business transfers: In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
You may also choose to disclose your information in the following ways:
- While using the Benevolence Tracker service you will have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly, and third parties could use the information you disclose;
- Certain portions of our service may contain a tool which gives you the option to share information by email, text message and social or other sharing applications, using the clients and applications on your smart device;
- Social plugins (including those offered by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google) allow you to share information on those platforms.
Access to Your Account and ProfilesIn order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the Benevolence Tracker service, we implement technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the Benevolence Tracker service. You can choose not to take advantage of this feature on your computer by unchecking the box "Remember me on this device" when you log in to the website. To remove access to your Benevolence Tracker account from your devices: (a) visit "Your Account", choose "Sign out of all devices", and follow the instructions to deactivate your devices (note, deactivation may not occur immediately) or (b) delete your Benevolence Tracker settings from your device (steps vary by device and the option is not available on all devices). Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you sell or return a computer or Benevolence Tracker ready device, you should log-out and deactivate the device before doing so. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information. If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information, including in some cases personal information, such as your search history, ratings, reviews and account information (including your email address or other information in Your Account).
Your InformationWe give you access and the ability to update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information in the "Your Account" portion of our website. You must be signed in to access "Your Account."
SecurityWe believe we use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
ChildrenYou must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the Benevolence Tracker service. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to become a member.
Changes to This Privacy StatementWe will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of the Benevolence Tracker service after any such updates take effect will constitute acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of the Benevolence Tracker service. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the "Last Updated" section below.
What are cookies? Cookies are small data files that are commonly
stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online
services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work
more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist
with service or advertising personalization.
Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies. See below for more information and examples.
Providers may use the following types of cookies:
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with Benevolence Tracker. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as click-through and other information) about our visitors' use of the Benevolence Tracker service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our service.
How Does Benevolence Tracker use Web Beacons and other
Technologies? Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags)
often work in conjunction with cookies. We and our Service
Providers may use them for similar purposes as cookies, such as to
understand and enhance the use of our service, improve site
performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site, and
understand interactions with our marketing (including email and
online ads on third party sites). Because web beacons often work in
conjunction with cookies, in many cases, declining cookies will
impair the effectiveness of web beacons.
We use other technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. We may use these and various other technologies for similar purposes as cookies, such as to enforce our terms, prevent fraud, and analyze the use of our service.
There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding these technologies. For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser’s help function or support area to learn more. Other technologies, such as Silverlight storage, may be cleared from within the application.
Last updated: October 13, 2017